THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

TTtTT

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I wanted to start a blog to share some of my favorite things or just some thoughts that have creeped into my head. I hope that you will find something here that will make you smile.



To start, how about something good to eat - I am always hungry!

Today I went to McDonalds to have a drink and read my book. All of a sudden I felt someone kiss me on the cheek. This is not an everyday occurence. After I jumped up, I turned around to see that it was my son  coming to ask me a question. I get so engrossed in my books, that I don't notice a thing. Here is the book I am reading now. It is the latest in a series. The first one was called "The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency". It is about a pleasantly plump lady who decides to start a detective agency in Bostwana, Africa. The characters are wonderful, and the way the author describes the land, you almost want to move there. HBO made a tv series of it and I loved that.

Okay, here is what I am watching on TV. I don't like much television these days, so I watch these DVDs. The main character in this show is just wonderful. He has very bad OCD and this greatly hampers him in his detective duties. He is very funny in his actions. The poor guy has a hard time dealing with the world. Also, his wife has died and he was so devoted to her, it is very touching. Unfortunately, the series is cancelled after eight years. I've only now discovered it. It makes me smile at the end of the day.


Tommorrow begins the new season of The Next Food Network Star. I watched their videos on the Food Network website. The contestants are all so confident, until they get on the show and then they fall apart. I can already tell, some just won't make it through to the end.



Here is a pic of some unknown place, but I liked the pretty walkway. It looks like it leads to a nice secluded spot where a person could enjoy some peace and quiet, which would be certainly different than my house.


I hope to update this blog frequently, so check back. There are other things I want to post like video, etc. as soon as I get the hang of how this all works. So toodles for today!